Thank goodness for online shopping. There are so many unique gift ideas online that it makes it easy to celebrate a special day creatively. Uncommon Goods is one of my favorite one-stop shops for holidays and birthdays, and it only makes sense that they have amazing options for anniversary gifts too! Have you ever wondered how the tradition of giving wedding anniversary gifts began? I read online that the earliest wedding anniversary gifts were actually silver garlands given by husbands to their wives on the 25th anniversary. There is also research to prove that some European countries celebrated 12.5 years of marriage with copper. It was in the late 1800s that wood became a common gift for a fifth anniversary. Neat, right?!
Whether you want to celebrate traditionally with specific themed gifts or wish to find something unique, we are lucky to have options!
6 Ideas for Wedding Anniversary Gifts
1. PAPER: This can be interpreted to mean many different things. You can give sporting tickets or a poster of a favorite family portrait.
2. COTTON: For the 2nd wedding anniversary gift, cotton shirts or cotton sheets would be good choices.
3. GLASS (or leather): One choice for the 3rd wedding anniversary gift was glass, and I found unique, beautiful glass bracelets at Uncommon Goods! You could also look at this decanter with matching glasses that are personalized.
4. FRUIT, FLOWERS, and SILK: The traditional wedding anniversary gift for the 4th anniversary is listed as fruit and flowers. I knew immediately that I could order delicious fruit and beautiful flowers at a place like Gift Tree. This beautiful vase would be a fun option for fresh flowers and become a permanent item in your home.
5. WOOD: Wood Cutting Boards is a good website to visit for 5th wedding anniversary gifts. You could also try the Date Night Bucket list up above! Write out fun and unique ideas on these wooden sticks for nights out so you never have to worry what to do.
6. IRON: Although sugar is also a traditional 6th wedding anniversary gift, you might want to think in terms of durable gifts rather than consumables. You can find a variety of mixed metals, including iron, as a gift idea online.
Do you use the traditional or modern ideas for anniversary gifting?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Your Summer Pool Essentials | Pool Travel Printable - May 22, 2017
- How To Find The Right Fabric For Your DIY Project - May 18, 2017
- Is it Better to Do Your Own Landscaping or Hire a Professional? - May 17, 2017