I recently share a quick way to make a simple Valentine’s Day Snack with watermelon. These frozen watermelon pops are perfect for sharing, but this sweet vegetable snack plate is also a cute way to celebrate the holiday with children. I am always trying to encourage my son to enjoy more fruits and vegetables, and he does genuinely enjoy carrots and watermelon! However, broccoli is another story.
To encourage him to try new foods this week, this Valentine’s Day vegetable snack will be an easy way to celebrate February 14th together. He can create the plate himself and then taste it!
Use baby carrots on a medium sized plate to create a heart shape.
Fill with broccoli or other vegetables as desired. Red sweet peppers would be a great addition as well.
Top with tomatoes and enjoy!
- baby carrots
- broccoli, cut into small pieces
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- *red sweet peppers, other vegetables as desired
- medium size plate (mine was large enough for 2 kids to share)
- Start by making a heart outline using the baby carrots. You could use whatever veggie you like, but i liked that the baby carrots were straight.
- Next, fill in the heart with your other veggies, filling in any spaces as needed.
- Serve with ranch or your favorite dip.
Try my homemade ranch dressing to dip, and enjoy snacktime together this Valentine’s Day!
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.