There are some combinations I would never think to try, but sugar cookies and Bailey’s? Sign me up! I recently shared a RumChata cocktail sundae which combined one of my favorite liquors with cupcakes and whipped cream. This combination takes Bailey’s (which is totally delicious in a Bailey’s Hot Cocoa!) and pairs it with pecan sugar cookies and ice cream.
Whether you need an idea for Valentine’s Day or a simple dessert for a party, this recipe is amazing to share! If you love ice cream and cocktails, this might be your new favorite way to celebrate a happy hour.
As for ingredients, you can make sugar cookies from scratch with the recipe below. If you’re looking for a quick dessert, you can use pre-made cookies as well. Vanilla ice cream, Bailey’s Liqueur, and chocolate syrup finish up this sweet treat.
Once your cookies have been baked, fill a bowl with vanilla ice cream. Pair with a pecan sugar cookie and top with chocolate syrup. Drizzle a shot of Bailey’s and enjoy!
The combination of irish cream liqueur, chocolate syrup, and cold ice cream is such a fun way to enjoy a sweet treat!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 1/2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- In a medium bowl mix together using a fork or wire whisk the flour, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add butter and sugars and mix until combined.
- Crack in 1 egg and add pure vanilla extract, mix until egg and vanilla are incorporated.
- With the stand mixer set on low gradually add the flour mixture a little at a time until it is just combined.
- Divide the cookie dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out sugar cookie dough and roll out to 1/4" thickness.
- Use a standard circle cookie cutter and cut out cookies.
- Place cookie dough on a silicon baking mat or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and press one whole pecan into the center of each cookie. Make sure cookies are 2 inches apart.
- Cook in a 375 degree over for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack until cookies are safe to handle.
- Put a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream into a bowl or martini glass if you want to a lil' fancy.
- Pour an ounce of Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur over ice cream and drizzle with as much chocolate as you can handle!
- Place a pecan sugar cookie along ice cream.
How would you pair ice cream and Bailey’s? Do you like pecan sugar cookies?
Try another alcoholic ice cream sundae:
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing | Mealtime Solutions For Busy Nights - August 22, 2017
- How to Relax With Cambria Wines - August 22, 2017
- Back to School Lunch Ideas - August 21, 2017