There are some combinations I would never think to try, but sugar cookies and Bailey’s? Sign me up! I recently shared a RumChata cocktail sundae which combined one of my favorite liquors with cupcakes and whipped cream. This combination takes Bailey’s (which is totally delicious in a Bailey’s Hot Cocoa!) and pairs it with pecan sugar cookies and ice cream.
Whether you need an idea for Valentine’s Day or a simple dessert for a party, this recipe is amazing to share! If you love ice cream and cocktails, this might be your new favorite way to celebrate a happy hour.
As for ingredients, you can make sugar cookies from scratch with the recipe below. If you’re looking for a quick dessert, you can use pre-made cookies as well. Vanilla ice cream, Bailey’s Liqueur, and chocolate syrup finish up this sweet treat.
Once your cookies have been baked, fill a bowl with vanilla ice cream. Pair with a pecan sugar cookie and top with chocolate syrup. Drizzle a shot of Bailey’s and enjoy!
The combination of irish cream liqueur, chocolate syrup, and cold ice cream is such a fun way to enjoy a sweet treat!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 1/2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- In a medium bowl mix together using a fork or wire whisk the flour, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- Into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add butter and sugars and mix until combined.
- Crack in 1 egg and add pure vanilla extract, mix until egg and vanilla are incorporated.
- With the stand mixer set on low gradually add the flour mixture a little at a time until it is just combined.
- Divide the cookie dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out sugar cookie dough and roll out to 1/4" thickness.
- Use a standard circle cookie cutter and cut out cookies.
- Place cookie dough on a silicon baking mat or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and press one whole pecan into the center of each cookie. Make sure cookies are 2 inches apart.
- Cook in a 375 degree over for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack until cookies are safe to handle.
- Put a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream into a bowl or martini glass if you want to a lil' fancy.
- Pour an ounce of Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur over ice cream and drizzle with as much chocolate as you can handle!
- Place a pecan sugar cookie along ice cream.
How would you pair ice cream and Bailey’s? Do you like pecan sugar cookies?
Try another alcoholic ice cream sundae:
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Shop For a Sofa Online - June 28, 2017
- How to Keep in Touch With Friends and Family | Free Birthday Calendar Printable - June 27, 2017
- Easy Bathroom Decor Upgrades - June 26, 2017