Each and every week, I’ll be sharing easy ways to maximize your dollar at your local dollar store. From five dollar meal ideas to closet organization, you can find a LOT for just a buck. Over the past eight months, we have talked photo frames, holidays, simple dollar crafts, and more! Don’t forget to catch up in the dollar store archives.
If you love mason jars, you must love that fact that you can buy them at Dollar Tree for just a buck each. With some stores even carrying various sizes, you might find yourself in a tizzy when you think of all of the things you can do with them! But just in case you need some inspiration, take a look below at 7 creative uses for Dollar Tree mason jars. You will find that not only are they cheap, they are practical too!
1. Craft a camping jar. Store matches, lavender oil to keep bugs away, and lint scraps or cardboard scraps to use as fire kindling. Your mason jar will keep your items safe and dry until you need to use them! You can also consider adding your keys or other valuables you don’t want ruined.
2. Hold cotton balls/cotton swabs. Keep these soft and delicate bathroom essentials dry when you store them in a mason jar. You will also find they look quite nice when displayed on a bathroom shelf.
3. Make a sugar shaker. Use a screwdriver and hammer to poke holes in the lid of your jar. Add sugar to the jar, replace the lid, and you now have a sugar shaker perfect for your baking needs. You can also use it to shake flour, cornstarch, etc.
4. Mix up beverages. Fill the jar with water, add your powdered drink mix, replace the lid and shake. You can easily mix drinks (even alcoholic ones!) this way without having to worry about spilling a drop.
5. Keep pet treats safe. Is your dog able to sniff out his pet treats? Keep them in a mason jar and the tight lid should mask the scent. These also add a little visual appeal when displaying your jar in a kitchen, as you can add your dog’s name to a chalkboard label to the front!
6. Make a first aid kit. Fill your mason jar with first aid essentials and keep it in your car, boat, or RV. The jar itself can also be useful for holding water or even a candle should the need arise in an emergency. It will keep the contents dry and clean, which is certainly what you want.
7. Use one as a scoop. Keep a mason jar in your pet’s food so you can easily scoop it out. After a few weeks you can easily toss it in the dishwasher, get it nice and clean, and put it back to use again!
8. Declutter your bathroom counter! I use mason jars to store my hair ties AND keep my makeup brushes in order. It’s a simple thing to do! I use a cake stand as a tray to elevate the jars and keep my counters tidy.
Head over to your local Dollar Tree and check out the mason jar selection that is waiting for you!
What do you use mason jars for?