The holiday season is the best time to show someone how much you care. We sometimes get caught up in the busyness of everyday life and we forget to acknowledge those who matter. However, this year it’s time to make a change! ;) Surprise a friend or family member with baked goods AND something special for their home. Here are a few ideas to show appreciation this holiday season.
How to Show Appreciation This Holiday Season
- Baked goods. Obviously! The quickest way to my heart is with chocolate. A simple way to make a large amount of desserts in a hurry is with a batch of fudge. You can slice it into cubes, wrap it in a mason jar with ribbon, and give!
To make your own batch of fudge, try this seasonal option. Maple Bacon Fudge is perfect for fall and Thanksgiving, and it is easy to make.
You would never guess that this is just THREE ingredients! Look for the bacon maple frosting in your seasonal baking aisle (you can also find it online). Mix with white chocolate candy melts and stir in bacon bits.
- 1 container of Betty Crocker Maple Bacon frosting
- 12 oz package of Wilton white chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 C. of Hormel real bacon bits
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop the Maple Bacon frosting into a medium size microwave safe dish. Add in the white chocolate candy melts.
- Place the dish in the microwave and heat in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds until melted - my microwave took about 2 minutes to completely melt the mixture.
- Pour the fudge into the baking dish and sprinkle with the bacon bits
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into squares.
Here are a few other ways to show appreciation this holiday season:
- A gift card to a theme park or hotel (help plan a vacation for someone you love!)
- A spa trip
- Wine party essentials
- Simple snacks
- Give your time. Volunteer or swap babysitting!
The desire to show someone we care is within all of us, but we often forget. Nothing is ever easy, but try creating a birthday calendar to surprise someone with a sweet treat when their big day passes. Or, give someone in need much-needed essentials.
What else can you think of that you can give to show your appreciation?