I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Calphalon. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
There are certain things in our home that we have needed to upgrade recently. Did you know that I have been married for just about FIVE years? I almost can’t believe it myself. In that time, we have swapped our wedding registry goodies as their time expired. Whether it was when I shattered an entire dining set from a shelf that gave way or knives that got rusty, a lot of my favorite kitchen gadgets and gear has been replaced. One replacement that I was happy to receive and try out was the Calphalon Self-Sharpening Cutlery Set. It’s the perfect set of all-purpose knives to create my simple shrimp salad recipe.
The Calphalon Self-Sharpening Knife set is a great addition for your wedding registry or Christmas wish list! Anything that can help simplify your time in the kitchen is a worthy investment, and I love how the Calphalon Self-Sharpening Cutlery can help you chop in a hurry!
What makes this set unique is the SharpIN Technology: ceramic sharpeners are built into the slots of the stainless steel part of each storage block to automatically sharpen knives with every use! Every time a knife is removed or replaced, it is automatically sharpened at the correct angle. These knives are made from high-carbon, no stain forged stainless steel so they are durable too.
The wooden block makes it easy to store and display them in your kitchen, and the variety of sizes make chopping and slicing this salad a breeze.
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat. Top with garlic.
- Stir occasionally and cook until opaque about seven minutes or so.
- Chop lettuce and divide into two bowls.
- Top with shrimp, cheese, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and any other toppings you might want.
This salad is simple yet delicious! I have a thing for bruschetta, and I try to make it as often as I can. The combination of olive oil, tomatoes, and crispy bread is a MUST! I turned my favorite ingredients into a salad by using fresh romaine lettuce, mozzarella cheese, and shrimp!
Choose your favorite model:
- Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening Cutlery: 15 Piece set ($179.99)
- Calphalon Contemporary Series German Steel Self-Sharpening Cutlery: 16 Piece set ($229.99)
- Calphalon Precision Series Fully Forged Self-Sharpening Cutlery: 15 Piece set ($279.99)
Calphalon is a leading manufacturer of premium quality cookware, cutlery, bakeware, and accessories for the home cook.
Do you have #KnifeSkills? What kind of knife is a MUST have for your kitchen?