This conversation was sponsored, but all opinions are my own!
When guests arrive they want a calm, quiet, and clean place to rest. When we are away from home, we often feel uncomfortable. With a little preparation and some personal touches, your guests can feel right at home immediately for the holidays. Get your home clean in a hurry with these tips to clean up for your holiday guests.
1. Air out the room. Close off heating vents and open the windows to let stale air and gasses from your home escape the room without freezing the rest of the house. An hour or two is enough to clear the air.
2. Fresh linens. Change the bedding and bring in an extra pillow or two. Your guests will love you forever if you provide new pillows! Pillows need regular replacement anyway, so this is a simple way to rotate out pillows in your own home.
3. Place some candles or a diffuser in the room. Everyone loves fresh scented candles. By providing them yourself you have the advantage of this as a chance to ensure fire safety by placing away from flammable objects and in a great container. Candles in a jar are great option for fire safety. If you have pets or young children a diffuser with a few choices of essential oils is the safest option. I love lemon and peppermint oils the most, and I find that it makes the home smell fresh for a long period of time!
4. Sample toiletries and a fresh toothbrush. Sometimes you forget a few things when you pack. Having spares on hand for guests in a basket in the guest room is a great way to make your guest feel comfortable if they forget something. I actually collect sample perfumes and other bathroom supplies, and I display them in a mason jar on the counter.
5. Clean up the floors in a hurry! I was lucky enough to try the Eureka Brushroll Clean to get my carpets so fresh and so clean. What makes this vacuum awesome:
- Brushroll Clean Technology™ removes tangles with the touch of a button
- SuctionSeal Technology concentrates airflow for a scatter-proof clean on bare floors
- AirSpeed® Technology provides incredibly powerful, deep cleaning
It’s lightweight, and it works! Since we have dogs (two giant furry ones!), the brush roll technology was most important to us. We needed something that would pick up the hair but also not get tangled inside the vacuum. Luckily this vacuum did the trick! Keep reading to win your own!
5. Add a spare blanket. One blanket may be enough but you never know. A 2nd blanket can help keep your guests warm on a chilly night without leaving them wondering if it is ok to ask for another.
6. Make your own channel guide. If the guest room has a TV, a channel guide would be great for helping an out of town guest find their favorite show. Clean the remote and leave both on the night stand.
7. Share the WIFI password. Place a note on the nightstand welcoming your guest and provide the WIFI password. This lets your guest make himself at home and keep entertained if they have a hard time sleeping.
8. Have snacks. A small basket of single serve snacks and fresh fruit will make your guest feel comfortable. Provide a bit of variety of things from beef jerky, cookies, chips, nuts, and fresh fruit.
How do you prepare your home for guests? Leave a comment to enter to win!
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Create Simple Habits - September 19, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fall Bulbs | Fall Gardening Tips - September 19, 2017
- Bringing the Comfort and Style of the Ocean into Your Home | Coastal Home Decor Ideas - September 18, 2017