I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Gold Toe. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
If you aren’t familiar with my back story, you might not know that I used to work a full-time job and ran a “full-time blog.” I was working more than any normal person should, and I wasn’t sure what exactly I was aiming for. The only way that I was able to have any sort of semblance of balance was with a nighttime routine. When I had my son, my routine changed a little bit. I preferred to work in the mornings instead of at night when he was much younger. However, those nighttime hours are the best for relaxing and recharging before your next busy day. Here are a few ideas to stay motivated long after dinner time and find a way to reach your goals.
If you blog and work outside the home, you probably realize that you can only work on your blog goals at night and on weekends. It is totally no fun to stay inside all weekend working on your blog, so those nighttime hours are crucial to get your blog off the ground.
1. Take time to relax. After a long commute, preparing dinner for your family, and catching up with everyone at home, you need to unwind. Even if you’re not pulling double duty with a second gig online at night, it’s still important to take a few moments to pull yourself together and breathe. The first thing I do when I get home? Take off my shoes!
Whether I wore high heels all day or uncomfortable flats, my feet always tell me how my day went. They’re tired and rightfully so. I just spent the weekend walking miles and miles in New York City, and my feet are still angry at me. I came home and threw on Gold Toe Oh. So. Soft. socks IMMEDIATELY!
Gold Toe Oh. So. Soft. socks are an affordable luxury that can help add a little comfort to your busy day.
2. Get active. After you rest for a minute or so, try to incorporate a nightly walk around the block. Whether you walk your pet or your child in a stroller, it’s a simple habit that you can start that doesn’t cost anything. Try the Gold Toe ultra soft no-show socks with your sneakers!
3. Bring your camera. Since great photography is an important aspect of any blog, I used to get home and race to take photos before sunset. The lighting is beautiful at this time of day, and I made sure to squeeze as many shots as I could! Grab your iPhone or camera and take it with you on your walk. Do you need nature photography to use as your own stock images? How about a few colorful Instagram photos? If it makes sense for your brand, try taking a few photos in the evening for your upcoming blog posts.
4. Edit. By the end of the day, I usually don’t have any brainpower left. I save writing for when I’m most alert (either early mornings or weekends), so I edit at night if there’s time. I will edit pictures before bed or comb through an upcoming blog post quickly for any additional edits. Try editing for a few minutes at night to work on your blog!
5. Read. Some of us love to read before bed, but I usually skip it. It is so important though as a blogger to read through a few articles in our industry, visit bloggers in our niche, or to even read books that can motivate and inspire us. The best way for a blogger to get blog post ideas is to READ! See what is out there, what is trending, and what your readers want to see.
If you can add these five things to your nightly routine, I promise that you feel better each morning! If you are juggling a full time job and are trying to take your blog to the next level, you have to maximize those nighttime hours to fit it all in. Don’t forget to relax though and take some time for you! Slip on a pair of Gold Toe Oh. So. Soft. socks and get cozy.
What are your best time management tips for busy weekdays?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Create Simple Habits - September 19, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fall Bulbs | Fall Gardening Tips - September 19, 2017
- Bringing the Comfort and Style of the Ocean into Your Home | Coastal Home Decor Ideas - September 18, 2017