I just came back from a whirlwind of a weekend in New York City. I had probably the best time (even better than I expected!), and I’m already daydreaming of another trip back. Perhaps to see the bright lights of Christmas or to celebrate another holiday? Either way, I’m always looking ahead to the next party or special event. I realized I haven’t shared too many July 4th recipes or party ideas, and it’s time to change that! With the Fourth of July coming soon, it’s time to start making plans. We are heading to a local baseball game for hot dogs and cold beers before fireworks for our July 4th party, so we are keeping it low key. Though, there is always room for a festive snack!
If you need a simple way to add a bit of patriotic color to your party spread for the 4th, try a fun snack. This red, white, and blue colorful appetizer only needs a few ingredients, but it still is flavorful.
Fourth of July Snack Mix
- 2 cups of patriotic star marshmallows (I located mine in the baking aisle at Walmart)
- 1 cup of lightly salted almonds
- 1 cup of red or blue M&M's. Or both!
- Combine the ingredients and mix together.
- It's quick and easy. Enjoy!
If you have a little chef who likes to help in the kitchen, encourage them to count and separate red and blue candies. Or, you can special order red and blue candy online. There are many options for this step!
How do you celebrate the holiday? What’s your favorite recipe for the Fourth of July?
Look for more festive ideas? Try reading these patriotic posts!
Cook, craft, and celebrate on a budget! From easy recipes to fruity cocktails, Sunny Sweet Days is a place to enjoy a sweet escape.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Prioritize Your Goals - March 20, 2017
- Creative Ways To Eat More Fruits and Vegetables - March 15, 2017
- Eight Places To Visit During Your Honeymoon To Italy - March 14, 2017