I spent much of yesterday taking EVERYTHING out of my closet. Yes, everything. Purses, shoes, socks, clothes. Everything was removed from my closet and nothing was put back in unless I had worn it recently, it was a quality item (like a little black dress) that had a purpose, or it was new and I hadn’t had time to wear it yet. I loaded up EIGHT bags to donate of older clothes, things I bought but didn’t wear, and shoes that were cute once but sit unworn. I no longer work in an office every day so I Saw no need to have slacks and too many pairs of heels. My daily wardrobe might consist of maxi dresses, flats, and cardigans. I’m okay with that.
Since I’m starting to rebuild my wardrobe from scratch, I actually have two blog posts that will inspire me (and hopefully you!) to “spring clean” your closet and replace it with quality pieces that can be mixed and matched with one another. Create a “capsule wardrobe” that highlights the best clothes for your body and getting dressed in the morning will be a breeze!
Here are a few ways that Kohls can inspire your wardrobe this season.
What I love most about these offerings from Kohls are the colors. Coral and pink are fun colors to wear, and that mint scarf is my favorite! The shoes are comfortable (a pair of flats and wedges), and I can see myself wearing every piece listed.
- Jennifer Lopez Pointelle Fit and Flare Dress
- Joe B Jogger Pants, Black Coral — $17.99
- Levi’s Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans, Luck Out West — $54.00
- Chaps Twill Straight Leg Pants, Black — $39.99
- LC Conrad Crochet Yoke Tank, Coral Haze
- LC Conrad Pleated Top, Polka Dot Marshmallow — $24.99
- Sonoma Life Roll Tab Henley, Moss Stone — $14.99
- LC Conrad Ruffle Trim Chiffon Top, Clearly Aqua — $30.00
- Sonoma Life Everyday Solid Tank, Windsor Plum — $8.99
- Croft & Barrow Open Front Cardigan, Feather Grey — $27.99
- Apt 9 Pointed Toe Flats, Black — $34.99
- Sketcher’s Beverlee Cut Out Sandals, Brown — $44.99
- Croft & Barrow Floral Bird Scarf — $14.99
- Mudd Vintage Floral Scarf — $14.99