I’ve been exploring the benefits of essential oils and using them in these essential oil crafts and recipes lately, and I am loving the possibilities! From easy cleaning supplies to sparkling fruity water, there are so many options to use my favorite essential oils. One of my favorites, lime, was an affordable essential oil that was under $15. I am trying to find ways to use it every day, and these lime essential oil melts are so much fun to make and use. Give them a try!
- A miniature ice cube tray (or a regular one if you don’t have one!)
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 cup of corn starch
- A spoon and a mixing bowl
- 5-7 drops of Lime Essential Oil
- Green food coloring, optional*
- Place the corn starch and essential oil in a bowl and mix well. It will look like the photo above during this step.
- You can now add in a few drops of both the food coloring if you so desire. Continue to stir. The cubes will become a nice a citrus color. You may not notice color at first. Continue through the steps to reveal a bright green hue!
- Slowly add in the two tablespoons of water. Continue to mix as the colors disperse and you notice that clumps are forming. You should know that this amount of water is not enough so be sure to follow through the rest of the steps!
- Add a few drops of water continuously while mixing well. When a thick paste has been created, transfer the mixture to the ice cube tray. Smooth the mixture flat in each ice cube section.
- Freeze the contents until the mixture is set (usually about an hour!). You now can enjoy your lime essential oil shower melts.
To use your new shower melts, just place the melt on the floor of the shower and turn the hot water on! The water and steam will hit the lime shower melt, and it will break down to diffuse the citrus aroma into the air. It’s certainly refreshing!
Pro tip: If you didn’t use too much water in the mixture, the melts do not have to stay frozen. You can place them in a jar and store them in a cool and dry place!
Learn more about my crafts + recipes that use essential oils.
Recipes, Printables, + More!
Grab your free Clean & Organized Ebook when you subscribe. Look for weekly free printables available only to subscribers along with a community and more!
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Buying Flowers Online Is Easy If You Follow These Tips - January 8, 2017
- Starting Is Believing Florida Prepaid Twitter Chat - January 6, 2017
- 2017 Vision Board: Big Dreams + Goal Inspiration - January 1, 2017