The sun is shining and spring is here! No longer do I have to hide inside from the cooler temperatures, and there are more beach play dates in the future. Since I’m trying to plan more activities with my son while also enjoying the Florida sun, I’ve been working on tips to take my busy life and show it more fun! Here are a few ways for you to enjoy the warmer weather with your family.
- Use fast snacks. When you’re on the go, you want products that can keep up!
- Pack your car. Since we never know what adventure lies ahead, I’ve been trying to keep my car stocked with fun essentials for random trips! Here’s what I keep in my car bag for our busy days.
- Coloring Books + Crayons
- Sand pail with shovel
- Paper towels
- Picnic blanket
Since we never know where the day will go, it’s nice to have these goodies in my car! My son likes to be outside, and if we can squeeze in a fast activity at the park or on the go, I will do so!
- Plan your month in advance. Don’t just plan the boring stuff like meals and appointments, you have to plan for FUN too! I started a group for parents about two months ago, and I’ve been hosting weekly events at various places around our town. It’s so nice to be able to schedule time for our families and to do fun activities regularly. I try to do something new every other week whether it’s a beach trip or a trampoline gym! Take time to schedule your important meetings, but don’t forget to pencil in time at the park!
- Try new things. Use your local newspaper or a regional website to find activities for new things to do with your family. I look for outdoor events that offer something unique. We just participated in a nature photography walk at a hotel, and it was something I never would have tried normally! From manatees to dolphins, it was an amazing afternoon! You just never know what you can find in your own backyard if you look.
How do you spend your spring afternoons? What kinds of activities do you like to do with your family?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Prioritize Your Goals - March 20, 2017
- Creative Ways To Eat More Fruits and Vegetables - March 15, 2017
- Eight Places To Visit During Your Honeymoon To Italy - March 14, 2017