This holiday post was sponsored by HoneyBaked Ham, but all opinions are my own!
Celebrating Easter or any sunny spring afternoon can be a lot of fun. When you host a seasonal dinner party, I try to set up a delicious dinner display with easy appetizers, tempting desserts, and unique main courses. Sometimes I lack the appropriate amount of TIME in my daily schedule to really plan a holiday feast, so I am so thankful that HoneyBaked Ham lets me serve amazing food in a hurry. Since Easter will be here sooner rather than later, I created a test run for the big day using a few of my favorite flavors!
1. Create a simple menu. It’s okay to admit that you can’t do it all! I am finding myself admitting that more and more lately. There are only so many hours in the day and certainly not enough to cook everything myself. I was happy to discover that I had a HoneyBaked Ham nearby, and I knew this would be perfect. From ham to turkey to sweet desserts, the menu was easy to create online. I even ordered ahead of time so that everything was ready to go when I arrived.
My Easter Dinner Menu
- Mini Ham
- Turkey Breast
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Mashed Potatoes
- Red Velvet Cake
Bone-In Ham: Since 1957, HoneyBaked has been known for the most flavorful, moist and tender Ham you’ll find anywhere, finished with its signature sweet, crunchy glaze. Each HoneyBaked Ham is slow-smoked for more than twenty hours for unparalleled tenderness. Finally, each Ham is hand-glazed in each store for an incredible taste that’s second to none. Spiral-sliced and ready to serve, it’s as easy as it is delicious. (Gluten Free.)
Turkey Breast: Nothing is as delicious and full of flavor as our fully-cooked, sliced & glazed Turkey Breast. Our Turkey Breast is trimmed by hand, perfecting the wholesome flavor and goodness of tender 100% breast meat, carefully seasoned, then fire-glazed to perfection with our one-of-a-kind sweet, crunchy glaze. Available Smoked or Roasted, and sliced for your convenience. (Gluten Free.)
The red velvet cake is covered in white chocolate. It’s AMAZING!
2. Go disposable. You don’t always need to break out your dinnerware if you don’t have to. Disposable products have come a LONG way. I frequently use kraft wrapping paper as placemats, gift wrap as table runners, and colorful paper plates. Look for sturdy materials and recycle after use. It’s an easy way to decorate too!
3. Scrapbook paper goes a long way. Frame colorful pieces of scrapbook paper and use stickers or embellishments to decorate for the holiday. I used these stickers and pink paper to make fun table decorations in a hurry.
4. Reuse holiday decor and dishes. I try to buy holiday decor that can last through the seasons. Some of my favorite serving platters are actually Christmas dishes, but they have silver snowflakes scattered about a clean white dish. I find that I’m able to use them throughout the year without anyone noticing! I also stock up on red and pink items during Valentine’s Day for use year-round. Easter decor offers beautiful pastel colors, and I can decorate my home for summer with those hues.
5. Offer leftovers. We definitely had leftovers at my spring get together, so I always have extra plastic containers for guests to take home what is left.
When you’re doing your holiday planning, remember that HoneyBaked Ham offers premium products that are convenient and simple-to-serve. These easy and delicious Easter dinner solutions offer the flexibility to host a simple soiree! Get ready for an unforgettable Easter dinner party!
Is serving ham for Easter one of your family traditions? What do you do to celebrate?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Prioritize Your Goals - March 20, 2017
- Creative Ways To Eat More Fruits and Vegetables - March 15, 2017
- Eight Places To Visit During Your Honeymoon To Italy - March 14, 2017