Need an easy way to bring Easter to your holiday celebration? Consider cupcakes! These adorable pink cupcakes will add flair to your sweets table just in time for the holidays. Try bringing them to a class event or neighborhood block party for a simple seasonal treat.
Spring is officially here, and I am celebrating with BonBon Rose Girls! Each and every week we host ‘Tis the Season which is a link up where we share the best holiday and everyday celebration ideas. You can add any post that is related to an upcoming holiday: whether it’s an official one or not! National Sloppy Joe Day? Sure! Easter? Of course! Keep reading for the link up and to read more about spring soirees. Until then, here’s an easy cupcake recipe to share with friends and family.
You will need frosting, cupcakes, marshmallows, and pink sprinkles. I promise that it’s simple! If you’re in a hurry, you could use a box cake mix. Or, you could try this adapted recipe for a white cake mix.
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- 1/2 C.
butter,softened to room temperature
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. milk
- White frosting, any brand
- 1 package of large marshmallows (you need 12 marshmallows total for 12 cupcakes)
- kitchen scissors
For the bunny ears:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the softened butter, sugar, egg whites and vanilla mixing
- well. Slowly fold in the flour, salt and baking powder. Lastly, add
- the milk continuing to stir.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (or liners) and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick around 20 minutes and if it comes out clean the
- cupcakes are done.
- Generously frost each cupcake and set aside.
- Pour the sugar crystals into a shallow bowl or paper plate and set
- Take 1 marshmallow at a time and snip diagonally using the kitchen scissors.
- Dip the sticky side into the pink sugar crystals and place standing up on the cupcake - gently press into the frosting and repeat with the other ear.
- Repeat with all the marshmallows giving each cupcake a pair of bunny ears.
For the bunny ears:
Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17481/simple-white-cake/
You create the bunny ears with marshmallows. You simply cut each marshmallow diagonally and add sprinkles! Who doesn’t love a little extra sweetness atop a perfectly frosted cupcake?
How do you celebrate the season? Add your best spring holiday posts below!
Let us know what you’re celebrating! BonBon Rose Girls are sharing adorable Easter place cards on their blog today.
Cook, craft, and celebrate on a budget! From easy recipes to fruity cocktails, Sunny Sweet Days is a place to enjoy a sweet escape.