- 1/2 C.
butter,softened to room temperature
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. milk
- White frosting, any brand
- 1 package of large marshmallows (you need 12 marshmallows total for 12 cupcakes)
- kitchen scissors
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the softened butter, sugar, egg whites and vanilla mixing
- well. Slowly fold in the flour, salt and baking powder. Lastly, add
- the milk continuing to stir.
- Pour into greased muffin tins (or liners) and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick around 20 minutes and if it comes out clean the
- cupcakes are done.
- Generously frost each cupcake and set aside.
- Pour the sugar crystals into a shallow bowl or paper plate and set
- Take 1 marshmallow at a time and snip diagonally using the kitchen scissors.
- Dip the sticky side into the pink sugar crystals and place standing up on the cupcake - gently press into the frosting and repeat with the other ear.
- Repeat with all the marshmallows giving each cupcake a pair of bunny ears.
Adapted from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17481/simple-white-cake/
Let us know what you’re celebrating! BonBon Rose Girls are sharing adorable Easter place cards on their blog today.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Feel Your Best at a Desk Job: Fitness Printable - April 30, 2017
- My Sunday Morning Routine - April 30, 2017
- Mexican Curly Fries (and Kitchen Must Haves!) - April 27, 2017