If you’re looking to set the mood this Valentine’s Day, you’re going to need to check out these ideas! I’ve teamed up with a few of my favorite bloggers to bring you Dinner for Two: a link up celebrating every step of Valentine’s Day dinner! My contribution to the menu? Why, of course, it’s a cocktail!
It’s strawberry season here in Florida, and there is no better way to enjoy a fresh strawberry than in a drink. While I do love a good strawberry smoothie, a splash of rum can totally make my weekend. I’ve been experimenting with cocktails lately, and here is one to try.
I used Cherry 7UP, fresh strawberries, and white rum to make this very berry cocktail. If you need a romantic drink for a happy hearts day (or even a fun drink for strawberry season and SPRING!), give this one a try.
- White Rum
- 1 bag of frozen berries
- Cherry 7UP
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- In a blender, puree frozen strawberries and berries. I used a handful (about 10-12 berries) for this step.
- Add a shot of white rum to a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Top with Cherry 7UP.
- Stir in the half of the pureed berries. I also added a frozen strawberry or two to keep my drink extra cold!
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- *Use the left over puree to make another drink!
Top off your cocktail with a fresh berry mix! The pureed fruit was an extra special treat since they were frozen to start with. The frozen fruit keeps your drink cool, and they look pretty too.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy a strawberry?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Office Organization: How to Avoid Distractions to Get Things Done - February 21, 2017
- How to Create an Inspirational Office - February 20, 2017
- Give Kids A Smile: Free Bathroom Printables - February 20, 2017