The candy hearts have been eaten and the pink and red streamers have come down. Right? It’s time to think about celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, and I’m definitely all about this one. Not only does March 17th remind me of spring and big green hats, but I’ve always had a great time enjoying this holiday with friends and family. To get ready for spring, try this pot of gold play dough recipe!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of table salt
- 1 cup water warm water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 4-5 drops of green food coloring
- Gold craft glitter
- Begin by adding the flour, salt, water, oil, and cream of tartar into a bowl. Mix well until a soft dough forms. If the dough is too sticky, add a little flour. If it is too dry, add a little oil.
- When the dough is of the right consistency, add your 4-5 drops of food coloring. Knead the dough well until the color spreads evenly throughout the dough.
- Finish by adding a sprinkling of gold glitter to the dough. Continue to add it in and knead well so it distributes throughout.
- Use your Pot O Gold play dough with shamrock shape cookie cutters. Or, you can take plastic gold coins and make imprints of them into the dough.
- To store your Pot O Gold play dough, just place it in an air tight container. It will stay good for about two weeks. If you need to soften it at anytime, just add a teaspoon of oil and knead.
How do you enjoy March 17th? Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your children?
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Disney Fashion Tips | How to Stay Comfortable and Cool at Disney - September 18, 2017
- Simple Snacking on the Go - September 13, 2017
- My Essential Work at Home Tools - September 11, 2017