If you’re playing host or hostess this Thanksgiving, don’t forget about the sides! While turkey is the star, it’s actually not my favorite. I usually load up my plate with delicious side dishes or desserts. I mean, it is a holiday. I can indulge a little! ;) Since I like to focus more on what pairs well with a flavorful main course, I decided to share an easy way to have tasty potatoes for Thanksgiving this year. While I do love mashed potatoes, I prefer a blend of garlic and rosemary sprinkled atop perfectly oven-roasted potatoes. Sounds good, right? I’ve also got a few ideas for how to simplify your time in the kitchen thanks to OXO.
Break out the butter, let’s get to work! My favorite potatoes don’t take too long to cook, and prep is easy when you have the right tools.
- 2 pounds of potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Set the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, add potatoes and toss with olive oil.
- Sprinkle rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic atop.
- Cook in the oven, stirring every so often, for about an hour.
- Potatoes should be crispy and tender when done.
It’s an easy dish that is perfect for crowds since you can make a large dish in a hurry. I use a tool to get my potatoes chopped even smaller, and I love it! I could eat these potatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner…and sometimes I do! I added a bit of butter to the final product with OXO butter dish, and it is a nice addition to any dinner table.
Besides an amazing side dish, there are a few ways to make your Thanksgiving party simplier. Try these kitchen gadget from OXO to enjoy less time in the kitchen and more time with those who you love. My personal favorite? This twine dispenser!
Perfect for tying together meat for cooking or to wrap presents. It’s definitely a multi-functional device that is on my kitchen counter for the remainder of the season. Keep reading for more OXO tips and a chance to win products for yourself!
The poultry lifter helps you transfer your main course to the table with one easy motion. There’s a non-slip handle too!
- Poultry Lifter
- Twine Dispenser
- Angled Baster with Cleaning Brush
- 2 Cup Fat Separator
- Stainless Steel Butter Dish
What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Your Summer Pool Essentials | Pool Travel Printable - May 22, 2017
- How To Find The Right Fabric For Your DIY Project - May 18, 2017
- Is it Better to Do Your Own Landscaping or Hire a Professional? - May 17, 2017