This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TasteTheSeason #CollectiveBias
It’s time to start planning holiday menus, and I am all about maximizing what I’ve got in the pantry or buying ingredients that can play double duty. It’s why I LOVE twice baked potatoes so much. You can start with potatoes that you probably already have on hand, and add your favorite toppings to make each potato unique. You can prep these ahead of time or use holiday leftovers to spice them up. My latest creation? Ranch twice baked potatoes using Kraft products!
They are just SO good and easy to make for a crowd. Keep reading for the recipe!
I found my ingredients at Walmart, and I looked for a combination Kraft shredded cheese so that it would be flavorful. I also opted for regular Kraft ranch. I then got to work! This recipe helps you stretch your budget since you can use your favorite potato toppings that you already have on hand or add in your Thanksgiving leftovers. If you’re anything like my family around the holidays, you are going to be serving potatoes in ALL forms. We have mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, potatoes au gratin…the list goes on. Add in your leftover potatoes as you prepare this recipe to make these twice baked potatoes with your own signature style. As for my recipe, I like to use colby and monterey jack cheese along with creamy ranch dressing!
If you’ve never made twice baked potatoes, you’re in for a treat! The best part is how you can add basically anything you want to them, but I LOVE using ranch dressing to make them a little more unique. Ranch, bacon, and cheese are my favorite toppings along with sour cream, butter, salt, and pepper.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup of Kraft Ranch
- 1/2 Kraft shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp of sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and diced (or use pre-made bacon bits)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the potatoes on a baking pan and bake for at least thirty minutes. Pierce each potato with a fork to check if they're tender. Put the potatoes back in the oven.
- After about an hour, remove them from the oven.
- Use a knife to chop off the top of the potatoes and hollow them out carefully with a spoon into a bowl.
- Mash the potato in the bowl while adding the ranch dressing, sour cream, butter, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Refill the potato shells with the potato mix.
- Add more cheese atop each one if you desire.
- Bake again for about 20 minutes or until heated completely.
- Top with bacon bits.
What do you put on your potatoes?
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Your Summer Pool Essentials | Pool Travel Printable - May 22, 2017
- How To Find The Right Fabric For Your DIY Project - May 18, 2017
- Is it Better to Do Your Own Landscaping or Hire a Professional? - May 17, 2017