Sometimes blogging can be VERY overwhelming. It’s a never-ending rat race of page views, sponsored posts, and making new friends online. I’m here to tell you that you shouldn’t feel overwhelmed, and if you take things one step at a time and focus on what you’re doing (and not what anyone else is!), you will have a much stronger online presence. I’ve worked with my October class of Bloggers Get Social to create these blog posts to show you how easy it can be to grow your blog. Get ready to take notes, because these are great ideas!
1. Don’t delete your Facebook. Use your Facebook page to promote your blog and REALLY use it. An Alli Event has wild success on Facebook without boosting a post.
2. Update Instagram once a day. Use keyboard shortcuts to save your favorite hashtags to cultivate a new following.
3. Learn the basics of StumbleUpon. You may decide you don’t want to use it, but it is an EASY way to get traffic to your website if you do.
8. Pin away. Pinterest may have changed its algorighm to a “smart feed,” but don’t let that deter you from using the network. It is still my #1 traffic referrer.
9. Use a tool like Twitterfeed to automatically publish tweets from your favorite bloggers or your own site.
10. Create and offer your posts for roundups. Not sure what a roundup is? It’s a collection of posts on a common theme usually with a collage and link back to your site. Ask bloggers for permission in Facebook groups such as Operation RoundUp (or any of the others). Follow the rules and publish your soon-to-be-viral post! Readers love finding links to what they are looking for in one place, and it is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers.
11. Set up Twitter lists to create relationships with bloggers in your niche. Share their content and they will be more likely to share yours. Reach new audiences this way!
12. Get OUT of your comfort zone. Get social, write when you want, and never get discouraged!
13. Personalize your site with an updated theme, matching social media profiles, and go for a clean look. No need for flashy graphics, neon backgrounds, or distracting blogs. Keep it simple and have a professional web appearance.
14. Find an authentic online community. A tribe or blogging group can help lift you up and share your content to new readers. Find those bloggers in your niche who can help you and together you can increase your views!
15. Try Bloggers Get Social. Read Fresh Mix Mamma’s review of the course and see if it would work for you! It’s a three-week blogging email course with weekly Google Hangouts, a monthly Twitter party, and a private Facebook group. The group lasts forever — even after the emails end — and is consistently updated with new information.
If you join Bloggers Get Social, you also get a PRINTABLE BLOG PLANNER and you get to meet some of the most genuinely interested bloggers around.
What else can you do to grow your blog today?
Resources linked above:
Want more resources to grow your blog?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blackberry Kiwi Cocktail | Fresh Fruit Cocktail Bar - May 26, 2017
- Your Summer Pool Essentials | Pool Travel Printable - May 22, 2017
- How To Find The Right Fabric For Your DIY Project - May 18, 2017