This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TabletTrio #CollectiveBias
As you may know, I’ve been a “free” woman for a few months now. And, by free, I mean I no longer have a desk job with office hours. I’m still working, don’t get me wrong, but it’s a different kind of work. It’s something that I’m still getting used to every day (the temptation to watch Hulu all day is fierce!), but one thing I have learned is to discover what makes your time here worthwhile. I hated a regular 9 to 5 since I missed out on sunshine, time with my family, and having the opportunity to make more meals at home. So, now that I’m working at home, I’m trying to remember my mission and why I’m doing this. Some days I forget to step outside since I’m working on a project, but isn’t that why I left the workforce to begin with? Didn’t I want to be “free” and able to work where I wanted? I finally figured out how to work and play with tmobile free 200mb of data on my new tablet!
Everyone has an idea of what their ideal work situation looks like or what a “perfect” day would entail. For me, I just want to wake up early with a nice cup of coffee. I want to scan my email, make notes in my planner, and get ready for the day. I want to do an activity outdoors–whether that’s a brisk walk, a play date with my son at the park, or a trip to the beach. While I don’t need to do something every day (that might get exhausting!), I want to have the ability to do so. I want to be connected to my work emails and Google Documents (especially since some of them are super time sensitive and freelance jobs can fill quick), and a smartphone just doesn’t cut it. This is where my new TMobile trio AXS comes in.
I found this quad core tablet at my local Walmart in the electronics department. It was hard to miss with the bright pink FREE DATA FOR LIFE signs. Wait, free data FOR life? I didn’t know such a thing existed.
I soon found out that with this tablet you can get up to 200MB of free data each month for the life of the tablet on T-Mobile’s advanced nationwide 4G network. If you want more than 200MB per month of Free Data for Life on their T-Mobile-connected tablet, T-Mobile and Walmart offer affordable, flexible and overage-free tablet data plans for every type of user – from those who simply want to check email, the weather or Facebook, to those looking to stream music or video for their kids in the back seat of the mini-van. You can also spend $35 and snag unlimited data for a full week (1GB up to 4G speeds) with no contract. And, of course, you can always connect wirelessly if there is a network nearby!
A closer look at this tablet revealed that it is an Android device and has 16 GB of memory. It has both a front and rear camera along with GPS. I knew this had to be mine, and it’s just $179!
Now that I have a new companion for my freedom based business, what am I going to do with it?
Tips to Work Smarter, Not Harder
1. Go mobile. Of course! While I do love the pen and paper of my Whitney English planner, I think it’s time to migrate on over completely to Google Calendar. I use it already to keep up with Twitter chats, webinars, and other online appointments. It would only make sense to add everything online.
2. Get outside. I promise myself from here on out to get away from my indoor office and answer emails and Facebook fodder under a breezy palm tree. Honest.
And, when my wireless network doesn’t connect me way out back, I can hop on the Tmobile network and enjoy my free data while it lasts! I find that I’m more productive when I change scenery throughout the day. It helps clear my head and allows me to focus on the project at hand.
3. Forget wi-fi. Do you know how many times I’ve needed a wireless connection but didn’t have one? Sometimes I need to hop onto a Google Doc for a second to input some data or send someone a quick file from my Dropbox. I like the flexibility that I now have to go wherever and not worry about missing out on something online.
What did I do today? Well, we celebrated my little man’s second birthday from the zoo. I bet you can guess there was no wireless connection, but I did have my free data! When we stopped to take a break, I checked my emails quickly to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I also used my tablet to take photos and upload them to Instagram. It’s not just a work companion, it’s my all-around life organizer.
Seriously, we went to the ZOO today! I had never been to the Naples Zoo before, but I was thrilled they had giraffes. I have never been able to experience a giraffe so up close and personal before, and I was so happy to share this experience with my family. For $5 we each received three large leaves of romaine to feed them.
More lettuce please.
4. Work faster. I’ve gone through netbooks, laptops, desktop computers, and smartphones. They all served their purpose at some point, but the best advice to work smarter is to simply get stuff done! When you use the right tools, apps, and software, your work becomes easier to complete. I love how fast Facebook loads on this tablet and how easy it is to skim my emails. It’s a breeze to look at my Google Documents and Calendar on the large screen, and my life just seems to be more organized. A tablet can do a lot for you if you let it.
The benefit of getting your work done faster? Being with your family. At my last job, I met this woman who gave me this advice that still makes me weepy when I think about it. I confessed that I wanted to get out of the 9-5 grind and stay at home, but I still wanted to work on my website and with clients. She told me “You will never regret spending more time with your children.” She confirmed what I already knew. It wasn’t in my heart to pursue a career that wasn’t meant for me, and I wouldn’t regret having the opportunity to have random days home with my son.
What are your “work smarter not harder” tips?
Free Blog Content and Income Toolkit
Create your best blog year yet! Use this free blog content and income planner to map out your vision. Use the free spreadsheets inside to track followers, growth, and money!
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Create Simple Habits - September 19, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fall Bulbs | Fall Gardening Tips - September 19, 2017
- Bringing the Comfort and Style of the Ocean into Your Home | Coastal Home Decor Ideas - September 18, 2017