This conversation was sponsored by Foodie.com.
I have been consciously working on cleaning up my diet. While a Whole 30 is my immediate plan, I love the flexibility and clean eating recipes that Paleo provides. I really do dislike processed foods, carbs, and drinking too much (honest). I recently curated a collection of my favorite Paleo recipes to try, and I whipped up something easy for lunch this past week as well. Whether you follow this diet or not, the recipes are still amazing! They are a nice way to infuse vegetables into your favorite snacks or desserts. Try a Paleo swap and let me know what you think!
Just as a reminder, here is what is allowed when you’re following Paleo. Meat, fish, and shellfish along with eggs are allowed. You can also enjoy tree nuts, seeds, fresh vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats. Obviously all processed foods are OUT. Skip the grains, dairy, SUGAR, legumes, potatoes, and processed oils. I’m a big fan of Whole 30, and they recently loosened their restrictions on potatoes. You can read more about the inclusion of potatoes in their new guidelines on the Whole 30 website.
Now that you’re an expert on all things Paleo, here’s an idea for a quick lunch.
You might already know that Mexican food is my favorite, so it’s no surprise that I like to whip up these fajita bowls whenever I get a chance. They’re so easy, and they become a staple when I’m on the Whole 30 diet.
I included a photo of the salsa I used so you can use it as a reference. While I prefer salsa from Trader Joe’s, I stopped at a local natural grocery store to pick up a few essentials. Basically ALL of the salsas on the shelf included some kind of off limits ingredients (whether it was sugar or oil), but this was just had organic vegetables. I grabbed a jar (at the cool price of $5!), and it has become my new favorite condiment.
- 1/2 lb of pound boneless beef sirloin steak
- 1 small onion
- 1 bag of organic peppers, frozen (or 1 fresh red, green, and yellow pepper!)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp organic salsa
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Season beef with cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet.
- Add steak, onion, and peppers to the skillet and cook until desired doneness.
- Transfer to a bowl of fresh romaine lettuce.
- Top with organic salsa, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and other toppings as desired.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over or add 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Mix until combined and enjoy!
Have you ever made a Paleo recipe?
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Blackberry Kiwi Cocktail | Fresh Fruit Cocktail Bar - May 26, 2017
- Your Summer Pool Essentials | Pool Travel Printable - May 22, 2017
- How To Find The Right Fabric For Your DIY Project - May 18, 2017