My husband is a big fan of mojitos, and he knew just what he wanted to make at our last get together. Since we had fresh key limes and key lime juice (from Key West!), it was easy to create these party cocktails. We also skipped the mint muddling and kept it simple.
Key Lime Mojitos
Want the easy recipe? Read on!
At the Aladdin Home Entertaining Mason Jar party I hosted last weekend, we served up four easy cocktails that were made in large quantities. While these recipes can be trimmed down for one or doubled and tripled for one hundred, here is how we served up a gallon of sweet and minty key lime mojitos.
- 3 cups Bacardi White Rum
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 liter of soda water
- Fresh mint
- Crushed ice
- Key lime wedges (both for garnish and for mixing in the cocktail!)
- In a large pitcher, combine the rum, limes and lime juices, and sugar. Add in soda water and stir. Top with mint sprigs.
- Garnish with key lime wedges extra mint if desired.
- Serve over crushed ice.
We decided to not muddle the mint (I know, that is what MAKES a mojito a mojito!), but we didn’t need to. Once this drink was good to go, the mint flavor had already mixed into the cocktail. It was a very refreshingly sweet drink perfect for a pool party or outdoor soiree. We also created our own soda water with our Sodastream. While completely optional, we both recommend investing in a Sodastream to make cocktail mixing a LOT easier! We always have a variety of cocktail mixers on hand since we have the Sodastream and a few different flavors.
Do you like mojitos? Extra mint for me please!
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Create Simple Habits - September 19, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fall Bulbs | Fall Gardening Tips - September 19, 2017
- Bringing the Comfort and Style of the Ocean into Your Home | Coastal Home Decor Ideas - September 18, 2017