This is a sponsored conversation brought to you by Foodie.com. All opinions are my own.
Many people think sweet recipes when the spring season hits, but I start to think seafood. Fresh seafood is abundant in my area of Florida, and I try to incorporate whatever is on sale and in season with my weekly menu. From stone crab to snow crab, a seafood salad is a refreshing choice for an afternoon meal.
Seafood Salad Recipes
One of my favorite salads is the always popular taco or southwestern salad. It can be made a variety of ways, but for last night’s dinner I wanted something spicy, zesty, and refreshing. You see, I’ve been having a busy (a.k.a. stressful) time lately. I’ve been feeling under the weather and the stress has amplified my lack of motivation. So, I knew that last night’s meal had to be energizing and delicious. I needed to cook one of my favorites.
Meet the chili lime shrimp salad. I’m pretty sure the last few recipes I created for this blog involved shrimp, because I love it that much. I actually crave shrimp for happy hours and weekend meals, and it is so easy to prepare. The varieties are endless, and I never seem to tire of trying new shrimp seasonings or recipes.
It was almost too pretty to eat.
The shrimp, of course, were my favorite. I cooked them in olive oil with lime juice, red pepper flakes, chili powder, garlic, and parsley. Shrimp are easy to prepare, so you can’t really go wrong here. While the shrimp were simmering, I made pico de gallo.
I assembled everything in under fifteen minutes. Pretty impressive for a weeknight dinner!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- A dash of red pepper flakes
- t tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Chili lime shrimp, cooked
- 1 bag of spring mix salad,
- pico de gallo
- diced red, yellow, and green bell peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare peeled and deveined shrimp in a large skillet on medium heat. Season with olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until opaque, five minutes or so on each side.
- Add spring mix to large bowl and pile high with pico de gallo, diced peppers, cheese, corn, and shrimp.
- Drizzle lime juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil over salad.
What’s your favorite spring dish?
Recipes, Printables, + More!
Grab your free Clean & Organized Ebook when you subscribe. Look for weekly free printables available only to subscribers along with a community and more!
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- Buying Flowers Online Is Easy If You Follow These Tips - January 8, 2017
- Starting Is Believing Florida Prepaid Twitter Chat - January 6, 2017
- 2017 Vision Board: Big Dreams + Goal Inspiration - January 1, 2017