I’ve been way too busy lately with work to do fun things on the weekend, so I was happy to enjoy two entire days doing things I love. Create cocktails, write, read a book, sit outside. It was kind of amazing. It was certainly what I needed to recharge after a busy January. I spent some of this time trying to find a new way to make an old favorite. Sangria!
There are so many varieties of sangria, and I find that the basic ones are best. I shared a few sangria recipes last year for Cinco de Mayo, but I wanted to tweak the Champagne recipe a bit. For Valentine’s Day I wanted something fruity with lots of RED! Strawberries are currently in season here in Florida, so I knew I had to top my beverage off with these fresh fruit.
I usually mix Sprite, Triple Sec, and sugar into whatever sangria I create. However, Target had a variety of fizzy juice beverages that I had never seen before! I bought two kinds: Peach Mango and Strawberry Raspberry.
I thought the peach fizz would be a great addition to champagne and fruit, and thus, the Strawberry Peach Champagne Sangria drink was born.
Strawberry Peach Champagne Sangria Recipe
- 2 bottles of sparkling wine or champagne (I always use Andre just because it's cheap)
- 2 cups of chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2-3 cans of Simply Balanced Sparkling Peach Mango (I used two cans at first, but added more as I stirred and got the balance perfect).
- Combine ingredients and let chill for at least two hours. Be creative and add your favorite fruits! I think pineapple would go nicely with this mix as well.
While one of my friends said it looks like Mountain Dew, I assure you it’s just the coloring of the glass! :) Saturdays are meant for blue mason jars and paper straws!
Can never have enough fruit!
What’s your favorite type of sangria?
Krystal’s Kitsch is a blog that shows a slice of my Florida life. I strive to share simple ways to host parties, decorate your home, and serve healthy and delicious cocktails and food recipes. This blog has been around since 2008, and it has become a place to document my life in graduate school, my wedding planning, and my first time becoming a mom. As a born and bred Florida girl, I also post travel and life articles about the Sunshine State. Subscribe and stay awhile, OK?
Need more cocktail inspiration?
Prickly Pear Margarita // Raspberry Acai Cocktail // Spiked Cherry Limeade // Mango Pineapple Punch
Free Organization Toolkit
Join Sunny Sweet Days, my FREE online community to stay in touch for busy women! We talk about organization, home decor, health and wellness, simplicity, time management and more for your online website.
Latest posts by Sunny Sweet Days (see all)
- How to Create Simple Habits - September 19, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fall Bulbs | Fall Gardening Tips - September 19, 2017
- Bringing the Comfort and Style of the Ocean into Your Home | Coastal Home Decor Ideas - September 18, 2017